How do you get creative with breakfast while making sure it’s high protein and low calorie? Oh, and you’re tired of eggs? Short on time too? Not a problem!
All you need are three ingredients! And a spoon of course 🙂
High Protein Yogurt!
- 1/2 cup of light vanilla Greek yogurt (you can use plain for less calories, but its a little more tart)
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein isolate
- 1 Tbsp of PB2 (or you can use regular peanut butter for extra fat calories)
- Scoop 1/2 cup yogurt into a bowl.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 of your whey protein scoop into your yogurt. Mix until smooth. Add next 1/2 and mix until smooth.
- Once smooth, mix PB2 in yogurt until smooth.
- Total Calories: 187.5
- Total Protein: 34.5 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Total Fat: 0.75 g
Now that is a lean breakfast! It’s very light while you’re eating it, but after about 5 minutes, you feel FULL. That is all 34.5 g of protein sticking to those ribs!
If you’re lifting, this is a great way to get extra protein in for muscle building without having to drink it all the time. Anyone who uses protein supplements will tell you, I AM OVER DRINKING PROTEIN. Also note- the photo includes steel cut oats sprinkled on top for a little crunch and extra carb.
You can also freeze this mixture to make a frozen yogurt!
I hope this recipe has been helpful. Feel free to post questions in the comment section or share using the social media icons below!